Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Trails

I just returned from a walk, nice day, but I got to thinking about the happiness blog I wrote yesterday. I mentioned I believe I had the ability to be cut loose happy about stuff at one point. I have proof!

I noticed when I am watching a hockey game I get submersed in the game and become emotionally tied to every movement on the ice. Usually I am hoping one team over the other wins so the mood can be intense. Every time the puck crosses either blue I inch closer to the precipice of my seat, commonly referred to as the 'edge'. And if the right team scores I explode out of my seat, pump fists and scream out YES! I don't have any regard for what others might think or whether they are alarmed by my sudden movements, but in that moment I am happy.

So I know it is there. Similarly when I am playing hockey (I play goal) which means when our team is playing well I don't get to be a part of the action. But when we score I am pumped up. I seem to revert back to a state of nothing else matters and live in the moment. I play each moment as it comes and don't over think.

Now how do I translate that into real life practice? Hmmm, that is an interesting question. I may have to ponder that further.

But I just have to say I am not a robot, I checked after yesterdays blog, and think there must be hope for future gains in the jump up and down happy as a pig in sh#t attitude to come back to the surface. It's in there and I need to give a chance to find its way back. Then look out people, Mr. Happy Go Lucky will be back and looking for fun!

My Two Cents

Jamie

No comments: