Thursday, January 10, 2008

BLOG vs. Work!

Don't you hate it when work gets in the way the important things in life....like BLOGGING!

It's funny, I have been very excited about starting this blog and was pumped to have a place to throw out my thoughts and perhaps entertain some people. Who am I kidding, as if anyone is actually reading my blog! LOL

Anyway, I have been having a hard time getting the time to write while at work. A big change from the normal around here. But I suppose that is better than the alternative. So, to all you loyal readers, "a cricket chirps in the distance", I do apologize for not writing more consistently.

I brought it on myself. In a meeting with the boss earlier this week, I mentioned a piece of software that would help him keep better track of our projects and tasks! Stupid, stupid, stupid. So he now has an open door to all that is my daily work. It sure keeps me from shirking my jobs when I am don't feeling like doing them, naturally this isn't the norm for me, but I like to have options. My work ethic prevents me from truly shirking any of my responsibilities anyway. Back to the boss; he is on his annual mission prior to his two week vacation in February. Every year in January he goes all postal on us about our work load and wants to ensure we know what needs to be done while he is gone. So what about the other 10 months of the year when he is shacked up in his office without a clue about what we are doing? Periodic checks with the standard question "So, what are you working on?", which is easily answer with clever misdirection and stylish flare. The plan for his holidays will be the same...in the first day or so Dave and I will work diligently at accomplishing the few tasks we are given and then use the remainder of the bosses holiday to take things at our own pace. Never fails, he will check that we accomplished his requests and we will be heroes.

Don't get me wrong, Dave and I have plenty to do and work daily at accomplishing tasks and goals. But realistically, when you verbalize the list it seems insignificant. Could be my years of retail grocery (which I miss dearly) giving my false worry. In retail the list is never shorter than a mile long and it can grow exponentially at the blink of an eye. The Information Technology world is much more planned out and scheduled, not enough chaos for me, I suppose.

I may not get a chance to post as often as I like and I have been working on some create topics, but I need time to get it out of my brain and into a understandable form for others to enjoy.

So for now, keep the faith and I will keep posting. Tell all your friends, I want to create a following! LOL That's funny. Well I leave you with a smile on my face.

My Two Cents

Jamie Cinq-Mars

No comments: