Friday, June 13, 2008

Trying To Make a Difference

Sometimes I wonder what it takes to make a difference? I see potential in people they don't see in themselves and I want to help them see it too. I am passionate about helping people. I don't mean helping them move or fix a leaky faucet; I am talking about core level help. Helping people to look within for strength rather than to everyone else or something material. Strength comes from us and we have to believe it does. Within each and every one of us is a great person who has all the tools to make a difference in the World. Problem being, most of us have had those tools locked in storage and forget how to use them. We are capable of anything our greatest supporter believes we can accomplish. Surround yourself with great supporters and you will accomplish more than you can currently imagine. I can clearly envision myself speaking to hundreds of people offering a different take on what was all call life. I understand that not everyone will understand my way of thinking, but if just one person 'hears' me and changes their life for the better I will be accomplishing a goal. This different ideal I would venture to say is a much more old school view; one that returns us to pre-societal pressure. A time when believing in our own potential for greatness wasn't a scoffed at. A time when exercising our right to make choices for ourselves wasn't selfish. A challenge I am facing is the disbelief that it can be as simple as it sounds. The reality is it isn't simple at all. It is hard work that takes dedication to your beliefs and the willingness to ignore what others think about you. It isn't simple because we are must live in the World and society dictates how we think. The World of big money and big industry has programmed us over many years to think a certain way. If you don't agree stop reading, you are already lost to the juggernaut that is World marketing.

One other challenge is the truth hurts. So many people are not willing to listen past the first pang of hurt in the words they hear or read. This effectively eliminates their ability to grow. I am becoming less and less concerned about the hurt feelings I may produce with my words. Sounds mean, I know, but I believe I am speaking the truth. Which means the hurt feelings are not coming from my words, but they are coming from the receiving party's inability to accept the truth. If I’m able to offend someone so easily, to me that means they already recognize some truth in what I’ve written or said, but they aren’t ready to deal with it consciously yet. Certain realities are are hard to deal with, especially those close to the heart, I return you to the concept of not allowing emotion to dictate what is best for us. A lot of times the impact of such things is very hard to see or at the very least admit when you are submersed within them. It will often take an outside view to truly see what the root of the problems are.

I struggle with not wanting to upset anyone, however, that is quickly waning. I need to live my life within my own beliefs and not be afraid to express it. I lead a good life, I try and make sound choices that are for the good of my life moving forward. In the process I hope to be enhancing the lives of people around me too. I need to understand their will be casualties along the way, why? Because people are not going agree with everything I have to say, most of whom, will qualify in the "not ready to deal with it consciously yet" group, but so be it.

I have untied the gloves and they are close to coming off. If I am to realize my passion for helping as many people as possible I will need to allow the fire to burn a little hotter and wilder than I have thus far. It's time to make a move.

My Two Cents

Jamie

1 comment:

feenx said...

Fantastic post! Very well said and certainly from the heart.

I have no doubt the fire will burn much more intensely for you, and those gloves will come off at precisely the right time.

There ARE those that will not be ready, but the value of help you can provide to those who will listen will be priceless.