Friday, June 06, 2008

CBC = Clearly Braindead Corporation

What the hell is the World coming to! I am stunned, appalled, stupefied, and madder than a wet hen (whatever that means)!

Does the CBC actually have people running the show over there at HQ? Or is it a bunch of retarded monkeys? It was reported yesterday that the CBC is planning on dumping the hallowed Hockey Night In Canada theme song! Are they nuts!?! Somebody has been eating stupid pills down there at HQ. It doesn't matter what the cost is to the composer, it is all that is sacred and holy about hockey in Canada. I suppose the new price might carve in to the fat cat salaries down there at the CBC. Hey boneheads, without viewers you have no job at all! Have a little vision!

I suppose CBC is rolling up shop, closing the doors and shipping everything they every stood for over to TSN. They lost the Grey Cup to TSN, why not give up hockey too. I just can't wrap my head around what went on in the board room to think dropping the HNIC theme song was a good idea. Are they thinking no one will notice?

I can clearly remember my children's reaction when they were young to the Saturday night tribute to a Canadian tradition. I would turn the TV way up and nanoseconds after the first hint of the widely popular HNIC opening ditty, I would hear those little feet motoring over to the living room. They would drop everything and anything they were doing to be in the room while the theme song ran its course. Before they evening knew what the significance of what they were hearing was they were mesmerized. I too still love to hear that song, it gives me goose bumps every time I hear it. It is a shame there are no hockey fans in the board room of the CBC. Anyone older than 5 years old can INSTANTLY tell you what song is playing even if they don't watch hockey, why? It is a part of our culture. Sounds stupid, but it is reality. It is a very popular ring tone too! Every time my phone rings in public someone makes a comment and smiles. The HNIC theme music brings feelings of joy, family, happiness and fun. Many can tie heart felt memories to HNIC and the theme song brings it all back with each and every instance we hear it.

With Bob Cole stepping down and the theme song potentially dead, what is the point to being set in your big-ass recliner 15 minutes before puck drop? Perhaps I will simply join the game already in progress. This is a sad day not for hockey or the HNIC, but for how easy it is to dismiss tradition and how money can eliminate people's vision in the blink of an eye.

Let's hope someone down at the CBC and the composer of the theme song get their collective heads out of their asses long enough to hammer out a deal that is fair. Thus, keeping HNIC building memories for many more years to come.

My Two Cents
Jamie

No comments: