Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Whale Walks Into A Bar

Apparently people are reading this so I better get off my ass and write something! There have been a couple complaints this week due to the lack of blogging. Sorry folks. Haven’t been to terribly busy but I haven’t had the inspiration to write either. I figure it can’t be forced or it won’t be worth reading. Usually I write because something is compelling me to write and I feel it makes the content better. As you can see by this example; the entire paragraph is worthless drivel as I try and get into a groove. The butt groves in my chair must be off!

Lately I have been much more diligent about drinking water. Trying to be a healthy person over all, to ensure I am being a good example to the Mini Me’s. Naturally I have had a water tower installed near my desk so I can drink from it at my leisure. Never mind this getting up, going to the water cooler, where it never fails to produce some conversation I don’t want to be a part of. Okay fine you got me; I have to get up like everyone else to refill my water. I am thinking of getting one of those fancy hats with straws coming out of the two bottles down to my mouth. Efficiency is the way to go! Who cares if you look like one of those nimrods at a football game who are convinced they are in the top five coolest guys in the joint! Oh boy, are they ever.

Did I mention the peeing? WOW! Who knew? I am talking about once an hour some days, that is nuts! Between the walking to fill up the water bottle and walking to the can to pee, who needs an exercise routine! But I am no dummy, I combine my efforts! Fill up my water on the way back from the washroom! I find I have become somewhat addicted to my water bottle…hmmm…regression to childhood. Anyway; I take it whenever I go and to help someone with their “PC issues”. I have to use quotes there because really nothing could be further from the truth. I guess one out of every seven or eight calls is a real problem, but most fix themselves as I walk over. Once I arrive at the desk of the distressed end user the problems mysteriously disappear. My mere presence wards off all evil computer gremlins, I guess. At least some days. Have I mentioned I hate computers! Perhaps that’s why they cower in fear as I enter the room. Oh no wait that is the end user!

Well, there isn’t much substance here today, but it is something to read. It may equate to about 10 minutes of your life you will never get back, but hey I can think a bunch of stuff I’ve done to waist 10 minutes that weren’t as much fun!

My Two Cents

Jamie

No comments: