Friday, February 29, 2008

Weather, Oh Must We Talk About The Weather Again!!

I am back and mad as hell......I kid, I kid, I kid!! Seriously though, what is the deal with weather being the most important thing we talk about? The entire peanut gallery has busted out their respective soap boxes and can’t stop yapping about our snow fall yesterday. Cries of "Is winter back?" ring out through the halls of the workplace. Has anyone checked the calendar lately.....IT IS STILL FEBRUARY, so NO winter isn't back, it isn't over yet! LOL I have to laugh. This is from lifers in Manitoba and every single year we get a little taste of warm weather early in the year and then the weather returns to its normal state for Manitoba and everyone goes bonkers! Like suddenly summer is going to start in February/March. Why all the discussion about the weather anyway? Can any of us control what it will offer us from one day to the next? Don't we all have something else in our lives that is positive or heartwarming we could be focused on? Who knows. Because no matter what the weather person tells us, the weather will be what it is, most of us will continue to go about our lives without fail. We are hearty folk and winter weather doesn't slow us down. So why discuss the weather to no end when it will never yield any net gain? I digress.

I personally don't care what the weather is like. I just do what I gotta do when I gotta do it. A couple winters back, during a -30 degree cold snap, Loretta and I were going to a movie with her sister one evening. We stepped out of the house to find the Blazer with a flat tire. Now we could have easily just decided not to go. But I just went outside and got to work changing the tire. It was frickin cold, I mean crazy cold, so cold the penguins down the street were building a fire to stay warm! But I changed the tire, hauled the flat into the house (to thaw out) and we made it to the movie with time to spare. There are a few lessons to be learned. One...never let things get you down and prevent you from getting to where you want to go in life. Two...when planning to go somewhere don't leave at the last second; give yourself enough time to handle the unexpected (I always get ribbed for leaving so early to get places). Three...Everyone should get a DAMN membership to CAA because CHANGING A TIRE AT -30 DEGREE TEMPERATURES IS JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

But I guess this blog is just a futile as actually talking about the weather, I am simply talking to myself I guess! LOL Funny stuff. Let's try and address the not talking about the weather by talking about the weather! HMMMM. Either way I try and avoid weather related conversations at work. I guess it is true that we spend all this time with people at work, arguably more than with our families, yet we don't really know the guy in the next cubicle. So we need to break the awkward silence with something and since stripping isn't always an option I guess we could talk about the weather. I hear a crazy storm is blowing in this weekend! Your thoughts?

My Two Cents
Jamie

No comments: