Monday, December 17, 2007

The World is a Funny Place

Just when I think I am pretty sure I understand the World around me...I am proven how wrong I am.

I am struggling to understand why people won't communicate with one another. Isn't communication the cornerstone of how the World works? Yet time and time again we are reminded that people will make decisions about other people without actually ever communicating with! How can you 'decide' what type of person someone is without talking to them? Can you make a fair assessment of someone without speaking to them?

I think we should all step back for a moment and re-evaluate our approach to new people, myself included. We all need to be more understanding and tolerate. We need to make every possible effort to know someone before we make a decision about them. It is unfortunate that too many of us make decisions about others without knowing them. We pass judgement that is not based on fact, instead we pass judgement based on our ill-informed opinions.

During this holiday season please take some time for personal reflection. Be sure you are not unecessarily hurting someone without knowing them well enough to understand what their are about.

The Lord teaches us compassion, forgiveness, and to not judge.

My Two Cents

God Bless

Jamie

No comments: