Friday, December 21, 2007

So A Couple Friends Showed Up The Other Day

My battered spirit took an unexpected turn yesterday evening.

There I was elbow deep in ground beef and pork rolling up a bunch of meatballs for the annual work pot-luck shin dig the next day, when the door bell rang.

Two very good friends popped in unannounced and they were bearing gifts. We had not discussed gift giving or anything of that nature, so we were confused. We, of course, welcomed them in; begged them to forgive the cyclone that had hit the kitchen a mere hours before they arrived. I had to continue attending to my meatballs and sauce, however, I could hear some lowered voices whispering in the other room. I am wondering what's up?

It turns out that these two friends actually heard about the events I spoke of in earlier blogs. And because they KNOW me, they have been concerned all week. They stopped by to see if everything was okay. I explained how things went down, as I witnessed them, because they didn't have all the details. It was a nice feeling and a good visit. I felt I wasn't completely crazy and it was nice to know that when people really know me, they know how things are truly effecting me, rather than try and lump me into a mold, based on some psycho babble they may have read some where.

Once again I am reminded of my Blessings and thankful for all the good people in my life. I have an open door and welcome anyone into my heart and home. Welcome one and all. I want to know you and I want you to know me. The real me. I have a rough, thick skin that can be very hard to get through, but it is worth getting through.

Take Care

My Two Cents

Jamie

No comments: