Saturday, October 15, 2011

A 100 Weddings and One Funeral

R.I.P. Grandpa K. October 14, 2011

As the Patriarch of a large family that spans five generations your life has touched so many lives, most you never knew. That is the irony; although a lot of us may not have had a close personal relationship with you; your life will live on through your incredible family. From your wife Dora, our Matriarch, to your children, to your grandchildren, to your great grandchildren, to your great, great, grandchildren, your family touches lives in so many incredible ways.
The 130+ living descendants, spanning 5 generations, still actively try to gather multiple times a year, which started from Sunday pilgrimages to a little house in Kleefeld, MB.
Again our relationship may not have been close, but I do thank you for the family that has developed from your marriage to my Grandmother. I am very proud of my family roots of Kleefeld, MB. I am proud of the people I get to call my relatives and tradition of gathering as a family.
Please do not worry as you watch over us, this large and uniquely close family will watch out for each other as we grieve the significant passing our Patriarch. I personally will find the gathering of our family together for our first funeral will be a different experience than we are used to.

Jamie

No comments: