Monday, February 23, 2009

Manitoba Challenge for Life 20 km Walk

In 2008 an estimated 6100 Manitobans were diagnosed with cancer. So many Manitoban lives are affected by cancer each year and in 2008 I too was touched by cancer. My family’s World was set on its ear when my Mom was diagnosed with cancer in early 2008. She battled through surgery and treatments through2008 and is now a survivor. I am proud of her for how she faced cancer head on and always kept a healthy attitude about the battle she was deeply rooted in. I know I can't truly understand how she felt, but her spirit was an inspiration to her family, friends and me. With her sister, who was fighting cancer for a second time in 2008, by her side, they walked the road to being survivors together.
That is why this year I’ve decided to join the fight! I’m taking the Challenge – CancerCare’s Challenge for Life! This walk will place an exclamation point at the end of that chapter and 2008 for me, with the caption reading "Cancer is no match for my Mom!”
The Challenge for Life is a 20k walk on June 13, 2009 to raise money for CancerCare Manitoba. By participating in this “made-in-Manitoba” event, I am committing to raise at least $1000 to support CancerCare’s work on behalf of all Manitobans. The Challenge for Life is more than just a walk. It’s a promise. It’s a promise to myself to continue to live a healthier lifestyle and build on lifestyle changes I have already made. It’s the commitment to taking the steps to improve my overall health and help reduce my own risk of cancer.
Last year over 500 Manitobans joined together for the first ever Challenge for Life. The $650,000 raised stayed within Manitoba and went towards patient care and support, early detection, research, and clinical trials. Take a stand and help me create hope for all Manitobans and their families living with cancer by either joining my team or making a generous donation. To learn more, please visit my personal webpage at www.challengeforlife.ca/netcommunity/jamiecm.
Take the challenge.

Together we can make a difference!

Sincerely,
Jamie Cinq-Mars

No comments: